tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 18 09:52:39 1996

Re: more Klingon animals

At 10:05 AM 17/6/96 -0700, ~mark wrote:
>>Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:34:23 -0700
>>From: [email protected]
>
>>At 09:43 AM 14/6/96 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>>{reghuluS 'Iwghargh} (Regulan bloodworm, dito),
>
>>[Buzzer] Wrong answer, it's Regulan Bloodwine, I think.
>
>Buzzer yourself.  Consider the word-elements: ghargh means "worm, serpent."
>"'Iwghargh" IS bloodworm.  "Blood wine" is "'Iw HIq".

I saw the {ghargh}, I just thought he had mis heard the Enlish translation
from Klingon and had subsequently mis translated it back to Klingon. On
later examination I saw that I was admitedly mistaken, but still maintain
that the PK tape said Regulan Bloodwine, thus my mistake was one of
knowledge and not of misrepresentation on my part.

Ah, Ford your prayer was answered.

~mark, does the PK tape say Regulan Bloodwine or Bloodworm?

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level