tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 14 21:47:40 1996

Re: mebbies

QojwI' asks:
>"Mebbie?" Is this a derivation of <meb>?

It looks to me like that's what kaylar means.  Since she hasn't answered
yet, we'll just have to assume so for the present.

>That word again. <not jISIv 'e' vImev>!

"I stop that I never wonder."  I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.
Did you intend for {not} to apply to {jISIv} or to {vImev}?  The way it is
written, it's part of the sentence {not jISIv}.  If, however, you want to
say "I never stop that I wonder," it needs to be {jISIv not 'e' vImev}.
Remember that the sentence-as-object construction is really two sentences.
The sentences here are "I wonder" and "I never stop that."  ({'e'} is not
a conjunction joining the two sentences; it's a pronoun that refers to the
previous sentence.)