tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 14 06:22:43 1996

Re: thursday:today

True story from a Novell NetWire SysOp:

Caller: "Hello, is this Tech Support?"

Tech Rep: "Yes, it is. How may I help you?"

Caller: "The cup holder on my PC is broken and I am within my warranty period.
How do I go about getting that fixed?"

Tech Rep: "I'm sorry, but did you say a cup holder?"

Caller: "Yes, it's attached to the front of my computer."

Tech Rep: "Please excuse me if I seem a bit stumped, it's because I am.  Did you
receive this as part of a promotional, at a trade show? How did you get this cup
holder? Does it have any trademark on it?"

Caller: "It came with my computer, I don't know anything about a promotional. It
just has '4X' on it."

[At this point the Tech Rep had to mute the caller, because he couldn't stand
it. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CD-ROM drive as a cup
holder, and snapped it off the drive.]

Back to archive top level