tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 11 11:01:10 1996

Re: culture and terrans

At 04:08 AM 8/6/96 -0700, you, the third Daniel on the list, wrote:

> I got "Conversational Klingon" from my
>English teacher,
> (Seems Klingon is _THE_ way to learn
>English)
> and it says Klingons made some concessions
>to humans,
> e.g. beds in hotel-rooms.

A little further they say; "The bed is most likely to be make from the same
material as the floor.", I'm quoting from the top of my head now, but it was
something like that.

In Unification (part 1), on board the Klingon ship, Picard got a bed to, it
was made from the same material as the floor.

> It also says, Klingons would avoid anything
>that had
> only the one function to provide some
>comfort.
> Perhaps they make some other concessions to
>terrans, too.

Like not allowing them to buy Romulan Ale, because it might kill them. And
naturaly in a dangerous situation shoutoing "I am not a Klingon", as if they
really missed that small fact.

> (These are my private thoughts about that
>question)

Sure, just ask them, that one way to learn about Klingons.

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level