tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 07 11:10:20 1996

KLBC: *SuD'* toQDuj cheghta'

Hi everybody,
I'm back again.

First I want to thank Lt. Cmdr Kordite for his help and support and
for his sending me a copy of the famous TKD (without I couldn't
breathe !!)  AND to Robin Day who sent me a copy of The Klingon Way.
Now I have the Klingon Language and Culture side by side.

Thank you both !!!

Okay, let's get to business.
After carefully examining the Dictionary, began putting together
words, and forming a couple of sentances. Here is what I reached :

not tIja' jumwI'mey !                   Never tell me the odds !
HoS Hoch'e' vIneH munoblaH Dujvam !     I want all the power this
                                        ship can give !
be'Hom bi'IHbej soH.                    You certainly are a
                                        beautiful girl .
qaSeytaHneSvIS.                         I am honored & excited
                                        while with you.
yIbaHlu' la' yIneH !                    Fire at will commander !
                                (actually : fire commander when you
                                            want it ! )
quS yIba' .                             Take a seat
                                (actually : sit on your chair ...)
qul poH wImeQ .                         Time is the fire in which
                                        we burn.
                                (actually that translates to : time
                                 is the fire and we burn in it )

So, this is what I understood from the Dictionary and I can hardly
wait for comments and suggestions on how it could be better .....

Qapla'

Captain Ady
of the Klingon Bird Of Prey SuD'

                               ~-~