tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 26 22:07:08 1996

Re: KLBC: New Name.

batlhro' (the student formerly known as wov vIt) writes:

>I have given my name a bit more thought.  I don't want wov vIt as my name
>
>pongwIj 'oH batlhro''e'
><Fist of Honor is my name.>

QaQ pongvetlh.  (loQ DIvI' Hol mu' <puchpa'> rur, 'ach qay'be')

>tlhIngan SuvwI' yInHe ghojmoHwI' jIH
><I am a Instructor of the Way of the Klingon Warrior.>

"Way" in this sense is translated {tIgh} in the title of TKW.  We have
had some discussion in the past about whether {He} could refer to an
abstract "way of life" or whether it is limited to a physical course;
apparently {tIgh} is the appropriate word for this concept.

[I'll also point out that {X-wI' jIH} is often equivalent to {jI-X},
though in this case with {-moH} the grammar isn't quite so simple.]