tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 09:25:11 1996

Re: "canon" (was Re: Words for "God")

qaSDI' 96-07-17 09:21:49 EDT, jatlh Joel Peter Anderson:

> neH rejmorgh jIH, 'ach jIQochqu'

>  Its only because I'm a worrywart, but I really disagree.

I've seen this a couple of times recently, and decided to mention it.

{neH} is an adverbial which is used differently than the others.  It does not
come at the beginning of the sentence.  It may follow the verb which it
modifies, in which case its meaning is "merely," trivializing the action.  Or
it may follow the noun which it modifies, in which case it means "alone" or
"just".

Unfortunately, this sentence seems to want to put {neH} after a pronoun,
which is neither a noun nor a verb.  I suppose you must simply treat it as
such.  How about

{rejmorgh jIH neH 'ach jIQochqu'}  "I am just a worrywart, but I really
disagree."

SuStel
Stardate 96543.9

Back to archive top level