tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 28 13:13:33 1996

Re: KLBC:Names,Cockroaches and things !

>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 17:37:25 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Alan Anderson)

>nuqHm writes:
>>Is there a way to show that you are writing a person's name ?

>Not really.  If a name is used often, you'll recognize it.

That's a little rough on the beginner.  Especially for names that are not
Klingon words (like charghwI' and ghunchu'wI'), looking them up simply
won't help; you really need to flag them with *'s or something.  And come
to think of it, it really would be very decent if people would flag names
like charghwI' and ghunchu'wI' as well; why make life tough for people who
are starting out?

>>There doesn't appear to be a word for "Disruptor" either.

>Don't forget the verb suffix {-wI'} (TKD 3.2.2 and 4.2.9).  The verb
>{nIS} "disrupt, interfere" can be turned into the noun {nISwI'}.

Yeah, but I'd use "pu'HIch"/"pu'" unless I had a good reason.

>ghobe'.  ghojlI' neH SoH.

Ahem!  "bIghojlI' neH [SoH]."  Though I don't see how anyone can be done
learning; maybe "bItagh neH"...

~mark

Back to archive top level