tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 21 01:53:14 1996

Re: Interview with Okrand

> So, which spelling/pronunciation are we accepting?
> 1) qagh TKD

Sure.

> 2) ghaq (gaH) Picard
> 3) ghagh (gagh) MO interview

In Finland, we have a Finnish subtitle throughout the show. Silly mistakes
excluding, the foreign words have appeared in the subtitle with the same
spelling that they have in the Encyclopedia, so I guess whoever
translates the episode gets the spellings with the thing to translate.
To the point : It was spelled gagh in the subtitle, and the Encyclopedia.
I think that's the official spelling that Paramount uses.

Although the section concerning names tells q always turns out k, in this
case it seems to have turned into g.

> peHruS, still wondering

 .:ghor:.

Back to archive top level