tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 20 07:17:03 1996

Re: Interview with Okrand

qaghIthneS:

: Try it some time.  Grab a Trek fan at a convention and say ghargh.  He/she
will
: smile and repeat gaH.  You'd think they'd at least *hear* the lack of voicing
at
: the end, or realize that the initial and final sounds are the same, but, nope.
: Doesn't work that way.  At least, not in my experience.

Hey!  I even spend about 5 minutes with Lawrence trying to pronounce this
word correctly and I STILL don't think I can hear the sounds...

I think this would be a GREAT session for the qep'a' wejDIch!

: Lawrence

-majIq

Back to archive top level