tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 18 16:04:47 1996

RE: New Cannon via "Sons of Mogh"

In watching the re-broadcast of "Sons of Mogh" last night, and discovering that
my television did indeed have a Closed-Captioning setting, I found the name of
the short Weapon that Worf is now fond of.  They call it a mek'leth.

Too bad it doesn't mean anything.  At least they tried with batlh'etlh (which,
unpronouncable by the actors, became bat'telh in the ST Encyclopedia, which,
still unpronouncable, they keep pronouncing bat'leth.)

Thankfully, if this is a mis-pronounciation or variation on metlh'etlh, (as
betleH in TKD is a variation on batlh'etlh) there is no tlhIngan Hol word metlh
to translate badly.

First of all my understand that the weapon that is called 'batleth' by commoners is really
[betleH].  This being so I figured that if Paramount called the weapon in "Sons of Mogh"
mekleth then it must really be something like [meqleH].

Until I'm corrected by an authority other than Paramount actor pronunciation I'm
going to stick to [meqleH].

Any comments?

HetaQ

application/ms-tnef