tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 16 15:20:43 1996

Re: New Canon and Old

ghItlh david barron <[email protected]>

>I recorded the latest DS9 "Sons of Mogh". that was filled with
>new Klingon cannon. I had my closed caption on so i could get the
>spelling right.
     That must be a great help!  I wish I had that convenience.

>Here they are:

>'e'cha  = Dax says this to Worf at the end of a flirtatious batlh'etlh
>lessons.
>       Sounds WAYYY too much like "Gotcha" which would have been
>        appropriate . Meaning uncertain.
     What Worf said sounded like <'echa> to me, but Dax seemed to say
<gha'ja'> or perhaps <qa'ja'>.

>Movek = Worfs reply to Dax. meaning uncertain.

     What was the name of the weapon Worf used?  It sounded like "maklef"
[<maqleH>?] to me.

>mouk-to-vor = a Klingon ritual murder to replace lost honor
>                      done by one family member to another.

     When Kurn awakes he shouts <DaH> OR <Da'> "something for my head."  Do
you suppose his batman was a corporal?

>adanji = a type of incence used in the mauk-to-vor ritual.
>
>mavek = a ritual dagger used in mouk-to-vor.
>
>Drovana = the name of a Klingon vessel.
    Kira seemed to be saying "Dervana."

>Korinar = The name of a Klingon vessel.
>
>noggra = a proper name

>rodek = a proper name
     I'm glad to see the spelling.  noggra pronounced it differently every
time he said it.

>koruts (plural) = some sort of epithet used by Kurn.
>
>Hope it helps.
>david
    It certainly does!

    Did you pick up a spelling for Worf's alias?  Commander <So'val> son of
<'a'taqra'> it seemed to me.

     Is there an accepted tlhIngan spelling of Stovalqor (Stovalkor)?

     A question along the same lines:

In the ST:DS9 episode Visionary, a Klingon is carried through a scene by
Sisko and Odo.  He is shouting something like <Ducha'qo' va   'estaH
'estaH>.  Do we have accepted Terran and tlhIngan spellings for this?  An interpretation?

     Later in the episode, three Klingons enter Quark's from the
holosuites.  One says something like <'acho' ghorbe' bata'>, and another
replies <ghora' 'aba'>.  When they see the Romulans, one of the Klingons
call them filthy <pataH>.  He may have meant <petaQ>.
     Do we have accepted Terran and tlhIngan spellings for these
expressions?   Do we have translations?

     Qapla'

     qeSmIv HarghwI'

Back to archive top level