tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 15 09:55:29 1996

Re: KLBC:fractions

charghwI' writes:

  > The result is that the only article on math in Klingon in
  > HolQeD is David's. While I have deep respect for David and for
  > the initiative he showed in publishing the article, I do not
  > think his article was as good as what we could have
  > collaboratively produced here, and the larger community of KLI
  > members never got to see those ideas.

 jIQochbe'.
 I regret that this happened and wish Dr. Schoen would reconsider
 a collaboration on this subject in particular. Something akin
 to the Klingon Roundtable Discussion would do well and  would likely
 fullfill the review requirements of HolQeD.

  > Meanwhile, because of this episode and others where the wrong
  > draft of an article was published and I suffered the
  > embarrassment of a substantial quantity of open criticism for
  > errors I had already corrected (but the corrected version of
  > the article was not published) I no longer seek publication by
  > KLI. That does not mean that I am not fully supportive of
  > HolQeD and other KLI efforts. It has simply been more
  > personally costly than rewarding to write for that publication
  > and I don't see any reason to think the future would be all the
  > different from the past.

  jIyaj 'ej ghu'lIj vIpay jay'.

  > I'll let this community do with numbers whatever they choose to
  > do, since what I write here is eventually forgotten and the
  > stash of HolQeD volumes to which we can repeatedly refer will
  > not contain my work, except by indirect collaborative work
  > initiated by others. That I enjoy this language and the
  > community of those using it is enough. I don't need to publish
  > articles in HolQeD. There are enough other writers to fill that
  > need.

  Will and Lawrence,

  I want to hash this out in HolQeD for the very reasons you
  have mentioned. This is a prime example of where the
  Roundtable, or some variation of it, would benefit the whole
  of the Klingon Language Community.

  If all else fails could someone find those posts that replied to
  my article and send them to me and I would be willing to edit and
  condense them for HolQeD.

  Better yet, have someone else do it to avoid and appearance of bias.

 > charghwI'
 > --
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 *  David Barron    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'                   Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup                   P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey            It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. Not available by E-mail!       E-mail   [email protected]            Finger me for more details.

Back to archive top level