tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 11:55:12 1996

Klingon Idioms

 > > On that note I have proposed/considered translating
 > > "Whats up?" as {chay' bIghoS}. Literally "You do you proceed?"
 > > But feedback from others indicated that it's a bit ambigous and
 > > idiomatic.
  >
  > Seems from the thread of many of the existing debates that a good
  > idiom or two is just what tlhingan-Hol needs (or is it forbidden?)

  jIQochbe'! *idiom*mey yap maghajbe'!

  But we *do* have a few idioms that are Klingon. The easiest example
  are the replacement and secrecy proverbs.

  The problem is we can't make them up as in the example above.

  HOWEVER I suspect that when the new Klingon CD-ROM comes out we are
  going  to have a plethora of new canon.

  > mangHom neH jIH

  qay'be'. maSuvqu'nISneS.

  david
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * >>The Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this post in any form, in whole or in part. Copyright 1995 owned by Author. License to distribute this post is available to The Microsoft Network for US$1000. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. Please report violations to [email protected] and [email protected].<<

Back to archive top level