tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 08:39:50 1996

An unusual use of Klingon

  I am sorry to post when I am not now a member, but I was once. (I had to
unsubscribe due to email overload.)
  (0) How do I subscribe now?
  (1) About how many messages are there nowadays?
  (2) Does your group have a FAQ list?
  (3) In the British newspaper "Daily Telegraph" (Tue 14 Feb 1996), p3, there
is a quarter-page ad with a photo of a Klingon, and under it "nuqDaq yuch
Dapol" (which seems to mean "Where do you keep the chocolate?") in inch-high
type, and below that in smaller type an advertisement (including two
Star-Trek-ish references) for a database software selling company called
Informix. The idea is to convey the trouble in understanding incoming
information unless you buy e.g. Qwertyuiop Incorporated's software.

Back to archive top level