tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 04:03:31 1996

Re: KLBC - subordinate clauses

I have been observing this thread, and wish to add my own reply.

The phrase "I do not want to die alone" has been translated as
"jImobtaHvIS jIHegh vIneHbe'" in a recent emailing. However, this can
be simplified a great deal by another term found in The Klingon
Dictionary:-

                                   nIteb          alone, acting alone

The translation could be reworked as

                nIteb jIHeghqangbe'   I am unwilling to die alone.

Thanks for your time.

Lord Havelock.
"Oh, my God, Professor! It's rampaging down 42nd Street! Guns won't stop it!" - nameless assistant
"I have a theory ... call me a fool if I'm wrong, but ... maybe if you were to load the guns with bullets ..." - Professor Commonsense
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level