tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 11 22:35:47 1996

Re: KLBC Preguntas

>The fact is, Okrand has not told us how to express fractions,
>beyond {bID}, except as percent. One tenth would be
>{wa'maHvatlhvI'}. Five and three tenths would be {vagh
>wejvatlhvI'}.
>
>> david
>
>charghwI'

I get the part about five.  I get the part about three percent.  I don't
agree that three percent would be three tenths, perhaps three hundreths?

But, what I really don't get is how {wejvatlhvI'} is added to {vagh}.

Meanwhile, I have had ideas on how to express fractions.  No of them appear
in canon, so BEWARE.  This is not an endorsement to use these ideas, only a
contribution to the brainstorming.

maHvI' = tenths
'uy'vI' = millionths

Get the trend here?

wejvI' = thirds
loSvI' = fourths
et cetra

vI' = accumulates

A number + vI' means that there has been so much accumulation of that
gradation.

Again, BEWARE. These are MY ideas, not Marc Okrand's.  Do not use them unless
they become approved.

peHruS

Back to archive top level