tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 06 09:36:17 1996

Re: KLBC: 1st Efforts

ghItlh Robert E. Newcombe

>Now all I need to do is to sort myself out a name.
>
>I considdered translating my name, both word for word and phonetically...
>
>Hej chu'ghoS

     Actually you were translating meanings apparently arbitrarily assigned
to individual syllables according to their similarity in sound to other
vocabulary items.  "Robert" has nothing to do with robbery, despite all you
may have heard about that Locksley fellow.  "Robert" would translate to
<noywov> if it is permissable in a name to shove two adjectives together
like that.  <noytaHghach wov> seems a bit much for a name.  An alternative
might be <noyboch>.  "Newcombe" is <ngech chu'> which you might put
together as <ngechchu'> and then realize as <ngechu'>.

     Qapla'

     qeSmIv HarghwI'

Back to archive top level