tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 19:10:28 1996

Re: vIchup

> To you tera'nganpu' on the mailing list who actually know what they're
> saying in tlhIngan Hol, I believe that the Skaldskaparmal (The Language
of
> Poetry) found in the Edda (Medieval Scandinavian "textbook") can prove
quite
> interesting.
> I am now rereading it, and the battle-oriented figures of speech used by
the
> Scandinavian poets of old to express themselves strike me as very
Klingonesque.

> For exemple: storm of swords=battle, corpse-dew=blood, they rubbed
> beards=they held a conference, in angry rivet-masts conference=in battle,
> wind-hall=sky...

Dajbej De'vam.  tlhIngan Hol mu'mey rurlaw' mu'meyvam.  *Edda* 'oH'a'
paqvam pong'e'?  paqvam vIlaD vIneHchugh, paq qachDaq tu'lu''a'?  paq
qachDaq vInejtaHvIS, *Edda* vISamnIS'a'?  pagh *Skaldskaparmal*
vISamnIs'a'?  paqvam vIlaDmeH, *Scanddinavian* Hol tIQ vIlaDnIS'a', pagh
lumughlu'bogh paq 'oH'a'?

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level