tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 17 19:22:59 1996

latlh latlhmey joq

I have been wondering about how to say "others".  TKD gives *latlh* as
meaning "additional one/ another one".  However, in ST V, after Vixis
informs Captain Klaa that *tlhIngan ghaH wa' vub'e' *, "One of the hostages
is Klingon."  Klaa responds with what sounds like *latlh?*.  The subtitles
translate this as "And the others?".  This led me to think that, depending
on the context, *latlh* could be singular or plural.  Ex:

			latlh tlhIngan  "Another Klingon"

			latlh tlhInanpu'  "Other Klingons"

Opinions?

SuSvaj