tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 17 18:13:55 1996

RE: KLBC: x, eldest son of y

December 17, 1996 10:14 AM, jatlh nejwI':

> HIja'
> nejwI' 'oH pongwIj'e'
> 'ej
> ghobe'
> regmogh jIHbe'

<rejmorgh> yIjatlh.

> DaH qayu'

lu'

> chay' <x, eldest son of y> vIjatlh
> "x" puqloD wa'Dich "y"'a'
> (x first son of y?)

In one or two of the SkyBox cards, we see samples of apposition, referencing a
thing with two different labels.  You just need to put them back to back.

DIvI' toy'taH wo'rIv, *mogh* puqloD wa'DIch.
Worf, eldest son of Mogh, serves the Federation.

> muquvmoH jangwI'meyraj
> (Your answers honor me)

Try thinking less with nouns and more with verbs.  After all, I don't know if
{jangwI'} means "answer" or "one who answers."

chojangmo' choquvmoH.
Because you answer me, you honor me.
Your answers honor me.

--