tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 15 12:47:44 1996

RE: KLBC

December 15, 1996 2:44 AM, jatlh loDDoq:

> SuH(?) SuStel,

Yup, {SuH}.  Use it to get my attention.

> matlhInganpu' -we are Klingons

You have not yet gotten to section 6.3.  To say this, you must say {tlhIngan
maH!}  This is the most commonly uttered Klingon expression.

> bIngorwI' jay' -you &$%^!@ cheater!

This is the sort of sentence which you probably don't want to translate word
for word.  Instead of saying "You are a cheater," Klingon is much nicer if you
keep the verb and say "You cheat!"

bIngor jay'!

> jIghaj woQ'a' -I have the ultimate power

When you get to chapter 6, you'll be reading about correct sentence structure.
 The object here is "ultimate power," and so must come first.  Then, you need
to choose the correct verb prefix: "I/it."

woQ'a' vIghaj.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian