tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 12 19:10:30 1996

Re: story, part 4

SuStel, you refer me to TKW p. 199 and that's interesting because that's what
I was thinking about when I used the verb {SaH}.

Now you've asked for "me" to comment on something "you" wrote.  This feels
strange, but here goes.   {HIvDI' velqa, HoSDaj naQ lo' 'ej mangHom mer.}  I
took this to be a further description of what just happened.  Would this be
the time for an aspect marker?  {betleH pepDI' mangHom, SIchqu', vaj 'uSDu'Daj
Hubbe'choH}.  I liked the use of {SIchqu'} because that does nicely convey the
idea of a stretch and a great effort.

{botrupbe' mangHom vaj 'uSdu' mupqu' velqa!}  I'd prefer: bot mangHom 'e'
nIDbej.  vaj 'uSDaj pupqu' velqa.  pum mangHom 'ej ghopDajvo' pum mangHom
betleH.  (I had to get that back in).  nom HughDaj ghoS velqa betleH.

I want to add the following if it is grammatically correct:  HughDajDaq betleH
'uchtaHvIS, mangHomvaD jatlh velqa, "Doghjey."

That's it.  I'm back to revising part 5 so I can send it.

Deborah

Back to archive top level