tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 10 08:48:41 1996

Re: spammers

> I know this is off topic, mostly, but I just had a question.

So is this. Sorry.

> Has anybody contacted this spammer's ISP about his/her very distasteful and
> improper nettiquite?

I tried e-mailing our listowner to suggest blocking messages from this
person ([email protected]) getting to the list, as they were
getting rather offensive.

However, I got a reply from

> Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>

saying:

> Subject: Returned mail: Can't create output: Error 0
>
> The original message was received at Mon, 9 Dec 1996 07:02:59 -0800
> from [email protected] [131.111.8.53]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
> <[email protected]>  (unrecoverable error)

> 550 <[email protected]>... Can't create output: Error 0

And I didn't even send the message from China! So, since the listowner
said that if we have problems unsubscribing from the list, we should
e-mail him a polite note about it, this may be a problem. Well, I don't
forsee any problem unsubscribing from the list, since my e-mail address
hasn't changed or anything, but supposing there was, what would I do about
it?

I'm planning to unsubscibe today, as I'm going home for the Christmas
holidays soon, and there's no point just letting my INBOX fill up with
stuff while I'm not here. But don't worry, I'll be back in January!

Hopefully I'll have learnt lots and lots of tlhIngan Hol by then, and I'll
probably think up another set of 3,654,120 questions. (I've forgotten what
the last 3,654,120 were going to be!)

I'm planning on reading through the mailing list archive when I get back,
to see what's been happening, but since there will be about 1000
new messages there, I'm not sure I'll be able to cope! So if you want to
be 100% sure that I'll get something (such as an answer to one of my
questions), you'd better send it to my e-mail address.

> Geez...how did you even get on this list if you hate it so much?  A few choice
> words spring to mind (yIntagh, petaQ, and most of all nuch'a'), but I'll
> restrain myself! {{:-)

I make these "life-support system", "you (plural)! Be weird!", and
"extreme coward".

nuqjatlh?

Anyway,

                                and

to you all.

'olIva'

| Oliver PEREIRA  | [email protected]    ***VIVU ESPERANTO!***  |
| Selwyn College, | See the Cambridge Esperanto Group's web page at  |
| Cambridge       | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/etg10/keg.html     |
| CB3 9DQ         | It's really good! (Because I didn't write it.)   |