tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 12:50:41 1996

RE: KLBC: jInID

December 06, 1996 10:41 PM, jatlh HurghwI':

> >> K: Daghajbe' SuvwI' DuvwI'
> >> E: You do not have the ridge of a Warrior
>
> What about {Quch HuDpu'} or should it be {Quch HuDmey}?

Ack!  Only in the twisted dreams of that great Klingon painter, pIqa'So!
First off, it'd have to be the {-Du'} suffix, not the {-pu'} suffix, and
secondly, "forehead mountains" doesn't mean much to me in a normal
conversation.  It might work in some poem somewhere, but that's it.

> For "be ridged,"
> what about {beQHa'}? "A warrior's foread's bumpy area" - SuvwI' Quch Sep
beQHa'

SuvwI' Quch beQbe'.
A warrior's bumpy forehead.

We are (so far) not allowed to put {-Ha'} on a verb acting adjectivally.  And
the {Sep} isn't really necessary.  Besides, for me in conjures up the idea of
a large expanse of space or area.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian