tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 11:48:44 1996

Re: greetings again

Andrew 'Ska' Netherton writes:
>> > nuqneH
>>
>> What do I want?  I want people to stop beginning their messages by asking me
>> what I want!  {{:-D
>
>        THIS is *exactly* why I had come up with a bunch of different
>greetings, specifially for this list.  <nuqneH> just doesn't make sense,
>so I was using <jIneH> - with mixed results and opinions about it all.
>[...]
>        Either way, I think <jIneH> (if you have a question or concern) or
><jIja'> if you have something to offer, are bettet openings in this forum.

nIv pagh'e'.  paghna' qaq law' <nuqneH> qaq puS.
bItlhob DaneH, yItlhob neH!
bIjatlh DaneH, yIjatlh neH!
bItaghpa' 'ut pagh.

Nothing is better than {nuqneH}.  [I mean it both ways.]
If you want to ask -- ask!
If you want to speak -- speak!
You don't need anything preceding your words.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level