tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 07 12:19:32 1996

greetings again

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, David Trimboli wrote:
> December 06, 1996 2:21 PM, jatlh Philippe Lavallee:
> > nuqneH
>
> What do I want?  I want people to stop beginning their messages by asking me
> what I want!  {{:-D

	THIS is *exactly* why I had come up with a bunch of different
greetings, specifially for this list.  <nuqneH> just doesn't make sense,
so I was using <jIneH> - with mixed results and opinions about it all.

	So, this brings up one possibility - has <nuqneH> lost its
meaning, and is now used just as a greeting??  Sort of what "How are ya?"
is doing in English... no one really cares, it's just something you say to
someone in passing.

	Either way, I think <jIneH> (if you have a question or concern) or
<jIja'> if you have something to offer, are bettet openings in this forum.

	maja'chuq!

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level