tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 03 18:45:36 1996

RE: KLBC: mu'tleghmey

December 03, 1996 9:52 AM, jatlh QetlhIS:

> nI' De'wI' SImmo'ghagh vIloSnIS. vaj mu'tleghmey vImughlu'.

Whoah!  Wanna run that by me again, but without the typos and with a
translation?  I *think* you're trying to say that you're compiling something,
and that you have some time to spare . . .

> E: To your left, a path leads towards the Great Hall
> K: poSDaq, vaS'a'Daq vitaH He.

What were you trying to say when you said *{vitaH}?

This is a problem I've encountered on the MUSH as well: I try to say "This
door leads to blah."  Each time, I find some other way to say it.

*Maybe* the verb {Dev} works here; I'm not sure.  If it does, it would be

poSlIjDaq vaS'a'Daq Dev He

If I wanted to avoid this uncertainty, I'd say something like

poSlIjDaq He Dalegh.  vaS'a'Daq bIjaHlaH.

> E: Between the rocks you can spot a deep valley.
> K: naghmey jojDaq ngech'a' Dalegh.

I like your Klingon better than your English!

> E: A crack runs down towards the area below you.
> K: bIngDaq vIghIr bIQHom.

Huh?  I don't get it.

This is a toughie.  I'd probably say

SoHvo' bInglIjDaq loQ nagh luchevlu'pu'.

> E: The size of the building radiates the respect from old warriors.
> K: Hu' SuvwI'pu' vImuHlu' 'e' Davuv  qach'a' DabejDI'

"Days ago warriors you respect that one executes me when you watch the great
building."

nuqjatlh?!?

I'm not sure if I understand your English exactly, anyway.  Is it the SIZE
which emits respect?  Or is it the building itself?  Is it respect given by
old warriors, or is it resect you give to old warriors?

A non-poetic version of what I *think* you mean would be

qach'a'mo' SuvwI'pu' tIQ DavuvchoH.
Because of the great building, you begin to respect ancient warriors.

> mu'tleghmey QaQ mu'tleghmey vItul.

First off, it is spelled {mu'tlhegh}.

QaQ mu'tlheghmeyvam 'e' vItul.
I hope these sentences are good.