tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 30 09:08:37 1996

KLBC: Klingon poem

At 03:51 AM 29/8/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, I am a Klingon 'newbie'
>but saw this poem.

SKI:
>>A farmer stands in  his field.  He carries his betleH in his hand.  He
>>sees his grain.  He takes his betleH and he cuts his grain. A warrior
>>approaches him.  "You clearly can't fight.  Your betleH merely cuts
>>grain", says the warrior.  The farmer doesn't answer.  He cuts his grain.
>>The warrior laughs.  "You couldn't defeat a Ferengi", says the warrior.
>>Suddenly the farmer attacks the warrior.  They fight quickly.  Soon the
>>warrior is dead.  The farmer cuts his grain.
>>
>what would it mean to a klingon?

You have stupid warriors and vermin, this was vermin. A true warrior can
find honor in anything that is honorable! The warrior obviously hadden know
anything about Kahless, or honor.

>what would it teach a child/learning klingon?

"Act and you shall have dinner; think, and you will be dinner!"

>and how would he react?

Who? The dead warrior, not very happy to see the Fek'lahr. I'm sure!

yotlhDaq Qam Du'wI'
ghopDaq betleHDaj qeng
tIrDaj legh
tIrDaj pe' betleHDaj