tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 21 10:27:38 1996

Re: RE: An offer you shouldn't refuse!

Ken Traft wrote:

> The KLI uses the word <<pabpo'>>...

Lawrence responds:

> Actually Ken, that's not true.  The KLI doesn't use that word.  Some members of
> the KLI might, but they don't speak for the KLI.

The KLI doesn't use {pabpo'}?  It was among the first non-TKD words I
encountered when I started learning the language, and I thought I got
it directly from an official communication of the KLI.

The introductory message sent to each list subscriber says, in part:

> The mailing list is not moderated. However, it will have one or more
> "official grammarians" (pabpo'pu'), usually selected from those
> speakers who have shown exceptional skill in the use of the Klingon
> language.

Is this mailing list introduction "speaking for" the KLI?  It doesn't
actually mention the Klingon Language Institute by name anywhere I can
find, but the tlhIngan-Hol list is clearly sponsored by the KLI.

By the way, the introduction also says:

> ...If you are interested in being a
> grammarian, send your name and email address to
> <[email protected]> for consideration...

Perhaps some of the information there ought to be updated? :-)

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
{ghunchu'wI'}       Remanufacturing Services
        Test Equipment System Software Group

Back to archive top level