tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 12 00:59:38 1996

Re: 'e' and all that rot...

  [email protected] wrote:-
> ... A tagline thought: Someone's bumper sticker at the qep'a' read, "Human
> by birth, Klingon by choice". I got as far as "Human jIboghta'" then ran
> into trouble with the second bit ...

  Looks like yet another case where we are stuck for lack of an adverbial
suffix. A Welsh construction that I came across gave me an idea to translate
"X-ingly" as {XDaq} or {XghachDaq}, e.g. "he wrote this book drunkenly" as
*{chech(ghach)Daq paqvam ghItlhpu'}, literally "at drunkenness": sounds like a
reasonable metaphor.

Back to archive top level