tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 08 04:47:59 1996

ghach

  Daniel Peter Noll <[email protected]> wrote (Subject: Re:
TKD Question):-
> {-ghach} is in the addendum to TKD, does indeed turn verbs into nouns, but
> is a type 9 suffix anyway, so as far as I know no other suffix, including
> rovers, can come after it.

  But presumably noun suffixes can come after it, e.g. {ghItlhHa'ghachmeywIj}
  That looks like a way of making a VERY long word:-
  SuchchuqnISqa'moHlaHlaw'taHneSghachHommeyqoqrajmo'
  V:visit VS1:each_other VS2:need VS3:[do_again|resume] VS4:cause VS5:be_able
VS6:apparently VS7:continuous VS8:honorific VS9:-ation* NS1:diminutive
NS2:pl_gen NS3:so_called NS4:your_pl_nonsentient NS5:due_to
  due, Sirs, to your so-called minor apparent continual abilities to cause
[people] to again need to visit each other

Back to archive top level