tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 07 10:54:28 1996

RE: Nobody

r'Hulvo':

> David B wrote:
>
> ><Hoch> is a noun and <-taH> is a verb suffix.
> >So, it doesnt work.
>
> No, I'm not using the verb suffix. (Come on, You know I know better than
that!)

> I'm using the noun <taH>.  You know the lovely "Negative angle" one. Thus
> compound noun.
>
> But I'm really looking for a way to say nobody or no one.  <HochtaH> was
just
> the first thing I thought of.  Any helpful suggestions? ;-)

I'd use /pagh/.  From TKD we have canon to show that numbers used as nouns
(subjects or objects) can refer to people (or at least, entities which can
see and kill).  I don't remember the page number off-hand, but the examples
are:

	mu'legh cha'	(two (of them) see us)
	wa' yIHoH	(kill one (of them))

By the same convention, I'd understand something like

	muparHa' pagh, mumuS Hoch, gharghmey vISop 'e' vInablaw'.

> r'Hul

--Holtej

Back to archive top level