tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 02 08:03:31 1996

Re: Question

>Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:19:53 -0700
>From: KATIE MONCELSI <[email protected]>

>Is the word petaQ in the plural petaQpu' or petaQmey.  Also what would
>be a way to explain what that means the sentence is She thought they
>were all petaQs.  I need to somehow explain what petaQ means nicely.

Well, obviously you can avoid the problem by remembering that you can use
nouns with no plural markers as plurals, so "petaQ" is also plural.  But
that avoids your question.

IMO, the plural of petaQ (when used as an insult to speaking creatures, as
opposed to sayin "those pigeons are such bastards") should be "petaQpu'"

~mark

Back to archive top level