tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 20:06:00 1996

Re: KLBC:Get down Shep ! [Brit joke - Sorry !]

nuqHm writes:
>How's this look:
>
>QIH'a' yIjach 'ej targhveSmey tItlhab

It's close enough that I understand what you're trying to say.
{QIH'a' yIjach} is a pretty good translation of "cry havoc".
But {targhveSmey} looks like "targ-wars" instead of "war-targs".
I think you can say {veS targhmey} as two words just as easily
as making a compound noun, saying literally "the targs of war."
And {tlhab} means "*be* free", not "*set* free."  To get the
meaning you want, I'd use the verb suffixes {-moH} and {-choH}:
{yItlhabchoHmoH} "Cause them to become free."

>nuqHm [looking forward to starting the postal course in the near future -
>It should help me
>to stop making stupid mistakes !]

'e' vItulbej. :-)