tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 24 10:56:22 1996

Re: words from The Klingon Way

> >> -- [ From: Donovan Maxfield * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
> >>
> >> Here is a list of the words I have found so far:
> >..
> >> Heghbat       ritual suicide (n) 147
> >
> >Hmmm. He had already given us {Heghba'} with that same meaning
> >in the novel "Sarek" by A.C. Crispin, who SAID she got her
> >words from Okrand.
>
> perhaps it is GENDER specific as is BAR mitzva and BAT mitzva ???
> ~mark, comments????
>
>       vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay' - DumaS

> Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

Unlikely - Klingon has *no* provision for Gender-specification
*anywhere* in the language - it is *highly* unlikely that it has
suddenly appeared here. Given that <<bat>> and <ba'>> sound very
similar, it is more likely a transcription error...and I'd trust 'The
Klingon Way' over 'Sarek'as a source of the correct spelling - since we
*know* Okrand did that :)

qSeroHS veyn
--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level