tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 23 09:25:38 1996

chay' tlhIngan Hol lo'lu'taHvIS "WOW!" jatlhlu'a'?

Well, I finally have joined the ranks of the Hamlet-owning; my personal
copy (#332; they must be selling well!) arrived yesterday.  All I can
say is that I am incredibly impressed.

Others have said it, but I must repeat: a genuine, honest-to-Kahless
*book*.  As to the contents, which I had deliberately avoided
reading in online form until I had the book in-hand - Nick's
introduction is hysterical (subtly so, of course); the notes are
wonderful, and the translation itself - it scans, it rhymes, it puns,
it iambic-pentametes!  And all while staying true to the original (of
course; after all, it *is* the original. :))

majQa', Nick, Andrew, ~mark, charghwI', d'Armond, Sarah, Gennie, and
Lawrence.  majQa'!

-marqoS

Back to archive top level