tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 19 14:20:09 1996

Re: Hamlet out?

In a message dated 96-04-19 04:37:38 EDT, peHruS wrote:

>paqvam 'oH nuq'e'?  yIQIj!  yIDel!
>
>{nuq 'oH paqvetlh'e'} vImaS
>
>1.  Your sentence means "As for what, it is this book" while I am sure your
>meant "As for that book, what is it?"

I see your point, although one can take the Power Klingon example: {Sojvetlh
'oH nuq'e'}.

>2.  I changed from paqvam to paqvetlh because you are referring to a book
>that is somewhat distant from you.  You have not even seen it yet.

Perhaps, although since it was the immediate topic of conversation, I decided
to use it.  I think it could go either way.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96300.8

Back to archive top level