tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 17 09:04:36 1996

Re: Hamlet out?

>Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 14:53:26 -0700
>From: [email protected]

>In a message dated 96-04-16 11:08:50 EDT, Lawrence wrote:

>>P.S.  Oh, and while you're at it, you might want to include an extra $5 ($6
>>outside the USA) for the KLI's other newest release, A Pictoral Guide to the

>>Verbal Suffixes of tlhIgan Hol.  I think you'll like it a lot.

>paqvam 'oH nuq'e'?  yIQIj!  yIDel!

I saw a preliminary versionl if I'm lucky, Lawrence won't kill me for what
I'm going to say (he sometimes likes to keep his little surprises).

It's a small book (when I saw it it was about the size of a HolQeD, and
likely is still about the same).  It contains pictures drawn by Gennie
Summers (I think), the same person who drew SeQpIr's face in Hamlet and has
done quite a few covers for HolQeD in the past.  Each cartoon shows a
picture of a situation in which a particular verb-suffix is appropriate.
So there might be a picture of a Klingon tripping and falling while trying
to walk with the caption "yItHa'" (he walks baly/miswalks).  I say "might"
because I know there isn't; the examples given are better and much more fun
to see.  All the verb-suffixes are covered, and the artwork is VERY nice.

~mark

Back to archive top level