tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 12 12:09:04 1996

Re: Found another new word!!

According to Mark J. Reed:

> Actually, we've had QongDaq for a while, and it caused rampant
> speculation about what the noun "Qong" might mean, or whether this was
> just a verb-noun construct of the sort we're not allowed to make but
> Okrand is. :)  (The -Daq is obviously the noun for place and not the
> locative suffix).
>
> -marqoS

Yes, but I believe that this is our first example of
{QongDaqDaq}, which was a word we thought might be valid, but
weren't sure. It also provides more justification for {DaqDaq}
as a word, which makes some people cringe, though it makes
perfect sense to me. Let's say that by accident, the timing is
such that one overhears snoring...

QongDaqDaq QongDI' QongwI', bong DaqDaq DaqlI' DaqwI'.

> --
> Mark J. Reed
> Email: [email protected] - Voice: +1 404 315 6296 x158 - Fax: +1 404 315 6407
> Hewlett-Packard Co. / 2957 Clairmont Rd Suite 220 / Atlanta GA 30329-1647
> E-Mail Privacy by SecureMail.  Visit URL:http://www.secureware.com/ for details.

charghwI'
--

 \___