tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 02 10:23:14 1996

Re: Klingon CD-ROM!

> According to Matt Gomes:
> >
> >   The only real big disappointment was that, as I was looking at the
> >   screens, the pIqaD was wrong.  I asked if they decided to do that
> >   for "artistic" things and the lady (Cheryl) said that she didn't
> >   KNOW that the pIqaD had sounds associated with the characters and
> >   that she wished she knew!
> >
> >   How did we let THAT slip though?
>
> It didn't "slip through". It was intentional. Paramount owns

...snip...

> My own take on this is that the man IS an artist of merit who
> is extremely busy and enough of a control freak that he does
> not want to hand off the lettering of any part of any set to
> anyone else.

Also, as Lawrence discribed to me, copyright laws forbid ownership
of a font. i.e., one cant make a font and profit from nor control
its use. Therefore as long as it is an art form and not a font (therfore
not treated like a font) Paramount can control it.

> > -majIQ
>
> chaq qep'a' wejDIchDaq maghomqa'.
>
> charghwI'
> --

david
--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level