tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 26 05:29:38 1995

wav files in Klingon

We've set the standard for wav files that are to be sent to the KLI ftp site.
It is 11kHz, 8 bit, mono, preferably pkzipped. By this standard the sound
quality may not be the greatest, but we should be able to make wav files that
can be played by almost any system with the fewest problems. Does anyone have
any suggestions as far as this goes. E-mail to me directly.

I will be sending some zipped wav files up to ftp. I invite anyone else to do
the same. This will be somewhat like an extension to KATE, but thru the Net.

I considered a different format, but wav files are easiest to work with.
Sound Recorder for Windows is standard, I believe, and it requires only a
microphone.

Look for wav files on ftp.kli.org real soon now.

***End promo***

Guido

Back to archive top level