tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 22 20:55:07 1995

Re: *Bushido* tlInganpu' (was: Re: Analysis of {mo'taq lut})

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995, Steve Weaver wrote:
> Thinking back over the {mo'taq lut} from janSIy, I was struck by a familier
> note for one of the morals in the story relating to Samurai Bushido. How
> does this work for a translation:
> If a warrior defeats another, but (does this / has done this) without
> honor, then he has NOT found a TRUE warriors' victory.
> Now, granted, this may not have been what was said in the tlhIngan Hol, but
> could this have been implied in the tera'ngan Hol?

It's pretty close to what was intended in both languages.

BTW, any similarity to a story from Japan (or any other place) is purely
coincidental.  This story was created from pure imagination (and, for
Jungians, archetypal ideas) for a specific instance.

janSIy

Back to archive top level