tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 05 20:33:49 1995

Re: Various Musings

Oh, dear, punctuation again.  Once more.

Punctuation *is* okay; Okrand himself has used it (in the cards that come
with Power Klingon and maybe also the Skybox cards).  I don't know that
it's necessary (come to think of it, is it truly *necessary* in English)?
Many people don't like to use punctuation in Klingon, and try to put
sentences on separate lines.  That works too.  Use what's comfortable.  I
like to think that since our orthography for Klingon is so obviously a
transliteration, and we're writing transliterated Klingon for Terran
linguists, why not use other conventions that make English-speakers
comfortable too, while we're at it?

~mark

Back to archive top level