tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 03 11:13:44 1995

Re: KLBC: some sentences

>Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 12:05:50 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>

>According to tsai kat clio-international:
>>

>I think your other translations look good (speaking as a
>non-grammarian).

>> 4.  "The code that can be deciphered is not a useful code."
>>
>>    (I have found quite a few problems in trying to translate this
>>     sentence. I would like to see the Grammarian's solution.)

>lI'be' ngoq'e' yajlaHbogh jagh.

Hrumph.  I seem to be afflicted with bad-reading disease lately.  I missed
the fact that the otherwisee great "law'choH wa'" sentence said exactly the
wrong thing, and I also misread this sentence.  I was thinking "A code that
canNOT be deciphered is a useless code" (i.,e. if even I can't read it,
what good is it?).  The fact that I didn't think of ngoq is more or less
excusable, since I didn't have access to my lexicon as easily at the time
as I usually dio.  Oh well.

~mark

Back to archive top level