tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 28 23:22:07 1995

KLBC: some sentences

1.  malob tlhIngan 'ej maHegh tlhIngan
    voDleHvaD 'e' yIja'

   ("Tell the Emperor that we Klingons obey and die."  Adapted from
     Simonides.)

2.  maHagh
    maSuv
    maHegh
    qatlh
    maSovbe'

   (An attempt to render the Greek epigram, "Nothing but laughter,
    nothing but dust, nothing but nothing--no reason why it happens,"
    by Glykon, English translation by K. Rexroth.)

3.  (The following sentences are attempts to render "A pox on both
    your houses.")

    Su Heghjaj      ("May you and he die.")

    DenIbya'ngan verengan joq DIpar   ("We don't like Denebians or
                                         Ferengis.")
    ghorjaj tajmeyraj 'etlhmeyraj je ("May your daggers and swords break.")

4.  "The code that can be deciphered is not a useful code."

   (I have found quite a few problems in trying to translate this
    sentence. I would like to see the Grammarian's solution.)

Qapla'

Back to archive top level