tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 23 09:40:20 1995

Re: More on "Which?"

In a message dated 95-06-23 12:31:19 EDT, charghwI' writes:

>> As in, "what targ of the targs".
>
>Both Holtej and peHruS have rendered {nuq targh} as "what
>targ". The problem is that in Klingon, the only justification
>we have at this time for placing one noun next to another is a
>possessive construction. It is not "what targ". It is "what's
>targ".

There's evidence that N-N is not limited to possession.  Of course, there's
no clear idea how we can use it consistently beyond possession, since Okrand
never discusses it.

On the other hand, I was in error in not catching /nuq targh/.  Like I said,
I'd not been following the discussion very closely.  I was focussing on the
partitive and clipping part, and failed to see the simple mistake.

DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level