tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 14 10:01:05 1995

Re: Wanting to know some words

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995 [email protected] wrote:
> >>QI'tomer< = Khitomer
> >>QI'tu'<? = Paradise/Vorta Vor/whatever was the name of the world Sybok
> >sought in ST5:The Phineal Frontier....  >QI'< means military:: presumably
> >a Klingon would think of a military heaven as a paradisic place!  :-)
>
> And all this time I thought it was Shaka-ri (sp?) that Sybok was looking
> for and that Khitomer was the Klingon outpost that the Rom's attacked with
> help from a Klingon traitor ...

I'm afraid you're misunderstanding my explanation.  Khitomer is in ST6.
"Sha Ka Ree" (aka Sean Connery) was in ST5.  Okrand made QI'tu' for ST5
*before* he made QI'tomer for ST6.  This is the point of bringing Sha Ka
Ree into play.  I believe QI'tu' influenced the unexpected QI'tomer,
where we all would have expected *HI'tomer.

<[email protected]> #1 910 759 5532, fax -6142 ..Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager            operate in a vacuum, may
Wake Forest University Department of Physics   I at least have a little
7507 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?

Back to archive top level