tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 16 13:56:18 1995

Re: KLBC flame ing

>Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 13:29:39 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>

>Nice try. A couple picky details:

>According to [email protected]:

>> vay' vIbuSbe' moHqu'mo' qablij!  targhwIj val law' SoH val pus!

>I think your comparative construction here is correct, though
>~mark often expresses concern about pronouns in comparatives
>and we don't have a precise ruling from Okrand yet. I'd let
>this one pass for now, recognizing that we might later learn
>that this should be handled differently. Oh, and that last {S}
>should be uppercase, as well as the {I} in {qablIj}.

I believe we've checked with Okrand on this one tiny point, and indeed
"targhwIj val law' SoH val puS" is the correct form.  With any luck we
should be able to get all this stuff out in some official manner.

>> - DaQtIq

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level