tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 16 13:00:10 1995

Re: KLBC How is this?

According to achghuQ the Klingon Warrior:
>    But isn't nej 'looking for, searching'?

I misremembered {bej}, following your suggestion rather than
looking it up. I think the verb {bej} would be better than
{HaD} or {tu'}, since both indicate activities of the mind
rather than the simple direction of eyes. Try:

mubejlaw' lam.

> What do you think of HaD or tu'? I
> think mutu'lI' 'oH or muHaDlI' 'oH  are maybe closer to what I want.

I don't think so.

> >There is no specific construction for this. Linguists call it
> >the "irrealis" (I think) and Klingon does not have it.
> >Meanwhile, you can express this sort of thing easily enough:
>
> >batlh vIghajchugh vaj jI[verb]nIS.
>
>    Thank you, this will be very helpful.
>
> 				Qapla'
>
>                                     achghuQ